Our 18th-century farmhouse is surrounded by Vaila Sound and peat bogs, heather, swooping bends, hamlets and looming lochs. Otters and seals may be seen from the windows and wild orchids flourish in the grounds. You can easily walk the wild headland.
- The cliffs between Walls and Sandness are wild, beautiful and fringed with reefs.
- Burrastow House is set amid lands still used for grazing sheep, it lies at the widest section of a windswept peninsula with views of a cluster of rocky and sparsely inhabited islands
- There is excellent fishing, windsurfing and sea-angling available in the area.
- Hill-walking, cycling and golf are common opportunities allthrough Shetland.
- The establishment is now licensed for civil marriages.
- Gift vouchers are available.
- There is a shop, postoffice and swimming pool two miles away in Walls, which also has a bus service to Lerwick every day except Sundays.